n, pl -dos
a commotion, fuss, or quarrel
todo [Spanish] (toh-doh)
This is the current list of things I'm planning on working on for Recen.se
- Find better design for "add pin" and header sections
- Fix "edit pin" layout
- When you have a search term it shouldn't show the tutorial, but a message saying no results found
- Implement deleting/trash can
- Show signup/login errors to user
- Clean design of login page
- Move all styling to the css file, so every page is consistent
- Clean up edit_pin_data, it's mostly duplicated code from add_pin
- Add blog section to talk about the project itself?
- Make search query persist when adding pins
- Add way to edit user info
- Add way to delete accounts
- Add pin pagination
- Add server-side logging
- Add performance tracking to see when we start running into issues with that
- Setup automated backup system
- Implement downloading your pins in a zip file
- Expand clickable area of links? (and edit/delete buttons?)
- Add other sorting mechanisms for pins
- Add tag sorting options
- Add different CSS for "dark mode"
- Move all color settings to a different CSS file, so we only have to switch that one to get different colors
(use CSS variables for colors)
- Add mobile support to the CSS layout
- Finish screenshot taking code. Store PNG image of website, and DOM dump
- Add "object storage"-based image storing system. Store new images for each pin (don't share them between
pins, as same URL can have different contents depending on when you take the sshot). Also, store html
contents the same way
- Rescale page image to smaller size, can't afford storing at full size.
- Implement getting a website's title to automate link naming?
- Warn when adding the same URL twice?
- Handle failure to download link
Being able to perform operations on many pins sounds like it's gonna be important in the future. Should keep
that in mind.